View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mirage Video

I actually started out a Fleetwood Mac detractor. I had made fun of Bill Clinton for liking them, to the astonishment of my father who was a longstanding fan of the Rumours lineup and even owned Bickingham Nicks on vinyl. Turns out my mom had her own copy of Buckingham Nicks on vinyl.

Twelve years ago a friend and I were set to watch a video of a different band. One thing I like to do sometimes is have a little "opening act" -- three songs or so from another artist before watching the main video. My friend had the Mirage video and Fleetwood Mac had been quite visible of late due to the Dance video and tour. I thought let's give them a shot for a couple songs.

Well Stevie's vocals on The Chain had me hooked from the start, and the playing of Lindsey and really the whole band opened my eyes wide and left me amazed. Suffice it to say we watched the whole video and I was a convert. Stevie's vocals and Lindsey's solo on Go Your Own Way finished off the conversion experience in high style. (I love that final "another lonely day" that Stevie sings by herself.) The whole band just cooked. And to think it would be one of their last shows for fifteen years.

Last edited by cbBen; 08-09-2009 at 08:26 PM..