View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
No it isn't a Les Paul......it is a 1999 Korean-made Epiphone Gold Top 1956 Reissue and a Limited Edition.

Peter bought it from Martin Celmins so he got a real bargain.

Those Epiphones are much better than the current China-made ones - when PG first
tried playing it he honestly thought it was a Gibson (!)

Mario.
I have a friend that bought a China made Epi LP Custom from Sam Ash in '05. The build quality is excellent complete with grover tuners, the pickups are another story. The alnico V's he has are just pure mud in tone. If he bought a Burstbucker 2 with a Burstbucker 3, his guitar tone would resemble a real LP.

What I can't get over is that PG is playing Epi's. I saw the Youtube video of his extensive guitar collection. He certainly could afford a real Gibson LP if he chose.

I was in Nashville just under two weeks ago, and I visited the local Guitar Center. They have this "room" where only the best LP's are displayed, including the Michael Bloomfield Custom, and the Billy Gibbons Custon. There was a Jeff Beck version that was selling for $20,000. I wished I'd brought my camera, the woodwork on the Bloomfield and the '59 VOS they had was just amazing. You won't find these guitars on display in any Guitar Center outside of L.A., NYC., or Nashville. The Bloomfield custom was priced at $8,000. I would hope that Peter Green could afford such a luxury.