View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, I'm drunk and I've been watching Christine clips on YouTube. Mainly '73-'75 era stuff. While I hate referring to her in the past tense, she's retired, so...She was amazing. All these years later, I realize that Lindsey, Danny, Peter, Bob, Billy, and especially John had an imact on me as a player (though, I still kinda suck, and I've accepted that fact), Christine is ultimately what kept me coming back to Fleetwood Mac. It's ironic, but the band is playing in New Orleans tonight, the city where Chris made her debut with Fleetwood Mac, but I could care less. I didn't see the tour this time out (which kills me because John McVie's playing kills me a little more -in a good way- every time I see him). It's just not the same without her there, and I don't give a crap about the whole Stevie/Lindsey drama BS.

I'm glad I got to at least see her twice before she stopped touring, and I'm glad she's happy. But damnit, part of me is a selfish prick!

I'm sober but I wholeheartedly agree. I will be going to see them on this tour, and went to see them in 2003, but it annoys the hell out of me that I never got to see them live as a five-piece.