View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think they should be more concerned with leveling the playing field between tall and short people; pushy jerks vs. reserved fans; drunk and disorderly vs. the courteous; young and old; strong and infirm. Make things fairer between those groups.
Michele
But how do you do that? I understand the drunk fan issues, etc., but because I'm relatively young and tall I have to let everyone who is older and shorter than me stand in front of me? I don't think so. I've had first and second row tickets for the two shows I went to. Front row in Chicago we weren't let up until after ISA and I went right to the stage so I could have a massive crick in my neck the next day. Second show in Milwaukee I had second row and let people who had front row stand in front of me. That's what seemed fair to me. Is DavidMN taller than me? Yes, but so what. Them's the breaks. Were there shorter people behind me? Definitely. Did I care? Not really. However, I also think letting too many people up from the back of the floor can be dangerous. The first 5 rows seems like a good balance, plus letting the front rowers stake their spots first and move back accordingly. Of course the logistics of even doing that I'm sure are problematic.