View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Is Peacekeeper a flop?

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffs
If this is the case I blame Warners for picking one of the more anemic songs from this new album as a first single.
I couldn't tell Peacekeeper was anemic. Especially haven't I heard a song from the new album (just considering the possible singles i.e. you can't count things like Come, Red rover etc, these are great tunes but not for the masses as a single release) which I would regard as edgier. But that's of course a matter of subjective and personal impression.

A different question is how you could estimate success. In my opinion it's ridiculous that there is no single in the stores and that the charts are based on airplay. Madonna or Eminem could release the daily news as singles and still get Number one airplay. So if FM don't succeed with a single, it's more likely because of the fact, that radio stations don't want to play music from groups of that age and with a certain public image. I would not be surprised if the responsible radio staff even did not listen to the song. I really doubt that they did and then said, "no that`s not good" On the other board I read, that a station wouldn't play it until it already has success and other stations are playing it a lot. That`s somehow a circle... Get the single out in the stores, base the charts on the amount of sold copies and no Aguilera, Britney and Nsync radio mafia can manipulate what finally the billboard chart result is like...