View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Junior Ledgie

Just got back myself and there is no doubt Stevie is back and looking great. Fleetwood Mac rocked it out tonight. I will say this after having been to more Fleetwood Mac/Stevie and Lindsey solo tours this is NOT the best I have seen, however it was GREAT!! I think Mirage and Dance tours were both better however this was better that SYW. I think Christine is sorely missed...she brings a cohesiveness to the 5 and a treasure of songs not performed (i.e. Little Lies, Brown Eyes, Isn't it Midnght, Songbird, Hold Me, etc). That being said...the concert was great!!

The opening was below standard...just a walk out and into Monday Morning...B-O-R-I-N-G. No suspense nothing to really satisfy the anticipation. Other than that they really kicked it into gear quickly with the Chain.

Stevie was high energy, no droopy or 1/2 closed eyes, no limp, she was moving freely and shined on GDW, Stand Back, Rhiannon, Storms, Sara and Gypsy. Lindsey gave 110% and continues to make Rolling Stone magazine look foolish for not naming him one of the top 100 guitarists. Interesting observations that I would welcome feedback on. Stevie got more pop from the fans than Lindsey (not by much but I made it a point to compare). Second observation: Stevie was on fire tonite full of energy and smiling. I wonder if she and even Lindsey get energized when they play the Bay Area and LA? I have noticed that they always give 110% when they play those areas. Thoughts?

Oh BTW here is the complete set list Silver Springs was re-added to the se
Monday Morning
The Chain
Dreams
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Gypsy
Go Insane
Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Tusk
Sara
Big Love
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Storms
Say You Love Me
Gold Dust Woman
Oh Well
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Go Your Own Way
First Encore:
World Turning
Don't Stop
Second Encore:
Silver Springs

Okay, in closing I think Lindsey and Stevie did a great job on Say You Love Me however I miss Christine alot. I hope they do a farewell tour that brings her back. Props to Lindsey for doing Oh Well justice. Lindsey kicked butt on ISA and GYOW!! Mick's drum solo on World Turning was not spectacular but he makes it interesting with his energy and enthusiasm. John McVie IMO is the BEST bass player ever and he never fails to exceed expectations. Even John, who we all know is low key, seemed a little more energized tonight. I was very very happy with the energy of all 4 members of the band and the money spent was well worth it. For those who are not sure if they want to go see them...GO!!! Yes, GO YOUR OWN WAY but GO...they will not disappoint you.

"Chain keep us together"