View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Actually I'm a little bit over the current lineup of FM, so I'd be happy to see Mick, John, Rick and perhaps a couple of new people.

There is another thought though, what if Stevie actually stopped singing the same damn songs we've heard for thirty-five years and started singing some blues. I'm sure she'd have a great blues voice if she tried?
If we're going to be over the current FM lineup, then why would we need Stevie to sing blues with the MFBB?

Let's just bring it full circle and have it be an all guys band again with John and Lenny trading the bass duties depending on whether or not John wants to take a sailing trip or something?

I guess I don't understand why so many of us are so attached to Stevie having to remain a part of the Mac. The band was successful before her (Peter Green, et al.) so why does she need to stay?

Don't get me wrong, I love Stevie's music (solo and with Mac) and have seen her several times in solo tours. I'm not attacking her. I'm just saying that in the confines of this "theory", why would she need to be a continuing factor? If she did a solo blues album I'd be interested to hear it. I think she might be able to pull off a respectable album of blues material. I've also expressed on other threads here that I think she would do a phenomenal job at "Oh Daddy" which is a bluesy number to begin with. I just don't see her as part of the MFBB.