Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is an article deridiing the RRHOF selection process, but it mentions FM as an example of how dumb the voters are. I thought it was a pretty funny piece. Also, on another note, I would like to say that I'm extremely proud that the phrase The Beat Goes On has worked itself so far into popular culture. I was a fan of Sonny's before I was 10 years old. I only became a FM fan when I was 16. Oh, and in between Sonny and Cher and Fleetwood Mac, I also loved the Jacksons.]

Crawdaddy

http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/...me-My-Ass.html

Hall of Fame My Ass
by Jeffrey Thiessen • March 5, 2008

These so called “panel experts” generally receive a ballot in the mail, including the names of the nominees, and a small blurb extolling the virtues of each specific nominee no more then a paragraph long. Then, if that still doesn’t ring any bells with these esteemed scholars, a small audio clip is included with each band’s package, generally containing the band’s most popular hit. So if these voters can’t for the life of them remember who Fleetwood Mac was, well, fear not, because they have an mp3 file of “Go Your Own Way” to jog their memory. And here is where you may have so callously assumed the boneheaded public lacked the resources or knowledge to make these sorts of monumental decisions. Now that you know the comprehensive process that goes into selecting the inductees, hopefully you won’t be making that presumption again.

Since I’m personally not a musician, I’ve always wondered how exactly bands find their sound, and thanks to the Hall of Fame’s “The Beat Goes On” exhibit, and its subsequent reduction of that process to simple mathematical equations, I will never have to wonder about that again.