View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Thank You, Scoop and Michelle for the interesting and informative replies. Actually, i do think Azoff, in terms of marketing the Eagles cd 'Long Road Out of Eden' was amazing, since it sold $50 million worth of copies. I recall the SoundScan totals for Fleetwood Mac's 'Live In Boston' were significantly below 100,000 copies for the dvd-cd combo.
Thanks for the link to the Wall Street Journal piece, I will re-read it now. I just was commenting because while there has been some 'general malaise' here on The Ledge, um, generally, about the tour, I'd seen little, if any, mention of how Fleetwood Mac and Azoff had formed 3 companies to scalp their own tickets. I'd never known it to happen with a Mac tour before, thanks again for the information- and still, somehow I wish the band well and can only dream for a 'Frozen Love' opener with 'The Chain' and "Dreams" left for encores! Ha!
"Never before sung in this order"-- it could be a whole new marketing strategy for the tour! "see if Stevie can possibly survive without 'Dreams' being the second song!" --- "will Lindsey "go your own way" then "go insane"...."will Landslide fall off the face of the earth til the next Stevie Nicks solo tour??"
I digress (as usual)--
Scoop's information about the actual sales is eye-opening ( I did notice last week their PollStar.com ranking was low-ish, but didn't know for sure if it meant a lot.)
Thanks