Thread: </3
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Registered

Girls really are terrible.

I lucked out and made some good female friends when I was a teenager and I don't know what I'd do without them. Two of them are there in that pic in my sig - the girl on the end there with the blue lips might as well be my sister, and the green lips girl and I suffered through many a Paula Abdul dance/workout video together in gym class. We were (okay, we still are) much more interested in comic books and horror films and video games than the drah-mah so common amongst high school kids, so there was never any of that weird fighting or backstabbing that chicks do between us.

But even though I chose not to engage in that type of thing, I did observe other more casual female acquaintances harass and torture each other mercilessly under the guise of friendship, and I also had one or two of those casual acquaintances try to do a number on me a few times - it just didn't hurt much because I never expected those girls to treat me well, since I didn't consider them actual friends.

Guys are way easier - they punch each other and get it over with and are fine again the next day. Girls have loooooong memories.

My daughter is turning 7 in a couple of weeks, and I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be like when that stuff starts kicking in for her.

But you, Rhiya, are a smart cookie, and you are dealing with this just fine.

PS - Agree about having the best guyfriend. I had one of those, too - we called him Angus (yes, because of that movie. He's outgrown the nickname now, though).

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''