View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I'm not following... the studio version is all tack piano with some quiet acoustic guitar strumming and the occasional electric guitar noodling. The only difference live is that Brett uses a cheesy sounding electric keyboard rather than a tack piano and Lindsey's electric guitar fills are very pronounced. I can see why they have been so reluctant to perform this live- the studio version has a very specific vibe that is pretty much impossible to recreate in a live setting. And of course the voice... which is not quite as nuanced as it used to be .
If you listen to any of the shows on the Tusk tour, you'll know what I mean. You can hear that acoustic guitar very clearly on the intro. On more current live versions, all I can hear is that annoying fake piano on the intro.

I hear you about the studio version. I wonder why they don't try to do it live with acoustic guitars and no electric guitar, and with Mick on brushes or whatever he used on the studio track. (Like a little bit like "Gypsy" at the AHI show and "Never Going Back Again" on the SYW tour.) I wonder if they've tried that.