View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have this...to be honest, I haven't had the time to listen to it all the way through. I hated the last album he released, "Memory Almost Full." But the one prior, "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" was stellar.

I have a love/hate relationship with his solo stuff because, for the most part, he has some nice albums and a lot of filler. I'm a big fan of "Ram" and the first one, and I really like "Band on the Run" and "Flaming Pie." But the others I have to pick a few tunes and move on.

I truly love him though. His best stuff will always be the Beatles because he and John had amazing chemistry as songwriters. And often they didn't even collaborate outside of a few lines, but they inspired one another and were fiercely competitive. Paul said in his bio that John seemed to always be one-upping him so he'd have to try and beat him with any new song he was working on. Frigg'n adorable.

Also think it's so funny that the album he made while married to Heather Mills ("Chaos and Creation...") had songs that were inspired by his first wife, Linda, and that album was practically perfect. But the album he wrote that was supposedly inspired by Heather ("Driving Rain") was kind of a piece of crap. Highly unrecommended purchase.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 01-28-2009 at 01:01 AM..