View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
But I have to point out, when Mick toured with his Blues Band last fall, they were playing all small venues, and he was doing low-key meet & greet most nights, presumably for free. The tour couldn't have been about money, as they probably didn't expect to make much from it. I really had the idea Mick put the tour together just because he still loves playing the original Mac music.
Well, see, this is what I don't understand.
At all.
He does the small venue thing for the love of music, and--presumably--anyone who bothers coming is considered a true fan of Mick Fleetwood's and is given the chance to meet him for free.

I can understand that with the MACHINE (trademark: Lindsey), there is more opportunity to make money. And FM is not the only people to take advantage of this but why charge EXTRA above All Access to meet him? Why not say, hey--these fine men and women are wonderful enough to spend so much money on a package, so I'll just pop in and greet them all as they do their little backstage tours? It would be nice, unexpected, and leave even those that don't have the money or inclination to do this with a much better taste in their mouths instead of feeling like he's trying to make money out of his most ardent fans. Being that they are willing to shell out big bucks for FM, and bigger bucks for the backstage tour, surely he can pad his own pockets with EVEN bigger bucks.

It's not nice.

And I have met him! For free! It wasn't such a big deal.