Thread: Poor Sales??
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The 5 star packages are a rip off!!! You may get all of the above mentioned,but you don't get to meet the band. I don't mind waiting outside if it means saving a ton of money.

I am a huge Melissa Etheridge Fan and she has a similar package for select shows on her tours for around $1000 dollars and it includes hotel, 24 hour on site host preshow party and also a meet and greet with MLE and a personally signed souvineer. Hers is alo very expensive ,but at least it includes a meet and greet and hotel accomidations.

Matt
At the last Robert Pollard/Boston Spaceships show in Nashville back in October, in which Bob did a funny rant about me (stating I was in it for the MILF...funny stuff), I had a little accident after the show and had to go to the hospital (required 12 stitches above my left eye).

Hospital co-pays: $235
Hotel: $116
Gas: $100
Dog Kennel: $40
Booze: $30
Ticket: $15
Juices and water: $8
Subway: $5
TOTAL $549

While I didn't get a meet and greet, I did get a "Steve, you really need to go to the hospital" from the band and associates (I wasn't necessarily cooperative). And, I went drinking with Bob and friends three days later (living in Dayton has its perks). I also learned that Baptist's grits were disappointing for Tennessee grits. Two weeks later, John Moen (Spaceships' drummer) was on Conan O'Brien with the Decembrists.

Now, on Saturday (if the show isn't sold out), I'll be meeting Chris Hillman of the Byrds/Flying Burrito Bros. It's a bluegrass show. He's playing here in Dayton at a small bar, and tickets are $20.

So, I sometimes go drinking with my favorite singer/songwriter and I'm about to meet a key member of two of my favorite bands. All for under $600. And, that's altogether. Tickets were combined only $35.

That's why I couldn't imagine paying $1000+ just to get in the venue early, get honestly not that close to the band, meet Mick Fleetwood (who I've already met), and see a band do a bunch of songs I've heard a million times.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-08-2009 at 12:43 AM..