View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Warner's in negotiations with Youtube as well as Google (Video)- they're looking for the best (most profitable) company to partner with.
Actually, that's not true anymore. Warner Music Group wanted more money, and they were all unable to reach an agreement on the cash - negotiations have now ended entirely. Warner Music Group was the first such organization to make a deal with YouTube, and now the first one to also walk out on it.

So what's happening now is that YouTube themselves are yanking ALL Warner Music Group content entirely - even from the "official" channels of the actual Warner artists. For example, I can go look at Mastodon's channel and view any of the videos made for albums on the Relapse label, but I cannot view any made for their Warner albums.

The antics of companies like this never fail to crack me up - they are dumb as a bag of hammers not to want to capitalize on the enormous amount of extremely low-overhead publicity and marketing potential the 'net offers.

Warner and Lars Ulrich should get together and go bowling.

Idjits.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''