View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
I've always liked Welcome to the Room...Sara. I always thought it was quite obvious what the song was about, and I like the fact that she wrote a song about rehab. I don't think that's a very easy thing to do. I also enjoy Lindsey's background vocals, I love the lyrics, especially "when you hang up that phone, well you cease to exist"
I agree completely ! I love this song, though I'm not crazy about WISYA. I love what Lindsey and Chris add to it. Their harmonies and that little instrumental melody (you just know it's Lindseys!) are so awesome (I just love when Lindsey sings "welcoooooome")...little touches like those, I've always thought, would have really enhanced many Stevie solo songs where it seemed like the production/instrumentation was totally disconnected from Stevie's melody and lyrics. This song, I think, has a great connection between all its elements. It's so nice to hear Stevie in the 80s with that kind of flow to a song. In that sense, to me, it's very unique. Certainly not my fave song on Tango. I think right now my fave Tango song is Big Love. My least favorite, by far, is Mystified . But overall, I think the album is way underrated.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."