View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Hey, let them be if they want to . They way I see it, Mac's creative zenith was the Green era. The rest is well made, pretty standard pop. Nothin wrong with that. The innovative stuff from 69-70 still sounds fresh today. I like to listen to the Welch stuff (after Kirwan left) and BN eras too, but only for...diversion. Sometime you do need cotton candy, but the flavor quickly wears thin.
I actually like all three eras equally well. I could say the same thing my friend, that blues flavoring inevitably wears thin when that's all there is, often quickly. I also give the Mac's 1970-1974 projects marks far above "pretty standard pop". Some claim Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac were little more than "white man blues", making them second class by implication. That's pretty absurd, but so too is saying that which followed on its heels wasn't innovative. My estimation and appreciation of music doesn't hinge on the earth-shattering or "full curve" in each instance. It actually has more to do with the vibes it gives me. My foot often tells me if it's working.