View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm getting off the bus...

Snoot, I think we're just going in circles with no end, so I'll just leave it where it stands. I maybe too old now to have a guitar hero, but I certainly had a drum hero in Bill Bruford as a teenager.

As to the neck and neck guitar front, there is a B.B. King cover on Youtube from New Orleans 1/3o or 31/70 (I call that near the end) that has a four minute Peter Green solo. I don't want to post it to continue this thread, but I can pretty much say without question that Danny Kirwan could not duplicate that solo. This isn't an insult, many other guitarists couldn't do it either. He may have been able to pick the notes, but not with the soul, passion, and keen sense of dynamics that you hear coming from Green's hands. That solo I feel is the greatest and simplest example as to why PG is so loved by other guitarists, professional and amateur alike.

I guess I'm making up for lost time with a band that I didn't discover the first time around, at least the pre '75 version. Even I have a copy of 1988's FM's Greatest Hits that is exclusively '75-'88. It hasn't been played in eons, but maybe I'll pull it out soon.

I bought "Perfect Days" about three weeks ago, which has the same cover as "Madison Blues", but with only half the songs (I thought it was Madison Blues ). It's certainly is interesting to hear alternate versions of the Kiln House tunes with some unreleased material thrown in.

Last edited by slipkid; 12-10-2008 at 03:47 PM..