View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
But that's the point. It doesn't matter who is in the band as long as Mick and John are in the band. That's part of the wonder of Fleetwood Mac!
As good as they come as a backbone in the biz, no doubt about it, but let's be real here also. What sets FM apart is the great frontmen and leading ladies they have employed over the years, each adding uniquely to the namesake sound. That will always remain the wonder of Fleetwood Mac to me! [and chops to Fleetwood and Mac in that department -- they're either remarkably talented in that regard (spotting and enlisting talent), or incredibly lucky -- or both!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And I feel I never got a last concert from Christine. I want that. I don't feel complete. No goodbye. No closure.
There is NEVER closure with Fleetwood Mac. Not with Green, not with Spencer, or Kirwan, Weston, Welch, Mason, Bramlett, etc. It's a never ending conundrum, part of the mystery - and even allure - I suppose. Come to think of it, Christie is more complete than many of the others, most of whom slipped off into the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
BTW, if they bring back anybody, I'd love to see Rick Vito come back to do some of the Green-era stuff. Bob Welch and/or Billy Burnette wouldn't be bad, either. For that matter, I liked the way Bekka Bramlett sang Christine McVie songs better than Stevie.
So many possibilities, so little time.