View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The thing with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Yeah, there are a few acts (Metallica) who charge about $89 for the top ticket but they are pretty rare.
Metallica is that for the buck one gets multiple acts (Currently Lamb of God and The Sword) and Metallica for about 2 hours, and of course you get the audio version of the show you attended from the code you are presented when one purchases a ticket for the current tour (via LiveMetallica.com )

The current Metallica is doing very well, even with the current economical issues at hand. Maybe Mick & company could learn a thing or two from 'em (How about a "liveFleetwoodMac.com"????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
It's not right. Prices are awful, but I actually really didn't expect it to be any cheaper. It's the going rate and the Mac are in this for the money. They aren't even pretending to be in it for much else this time (well, not yet, anyway). I think they'll get it. If not, the 16 shows may be a wake up call, or a "put the old girl down" call. What I am pretty sure of is that it's a "trial balloon" and what happens during these shows will determine the course of the rest of the tour (if there even is one).
I feel a large scale tour will flop, especially in certain larger cities where the Mac have played in the recent past, due saturation of the market. If they were to play places they had rarely played in the past they may be somewhat successful (OKC 2003 outdrew Dallas 2003...More vocal and APPRECIATIVE crowd and a better ticket-turnout) with a lower ticket price and a few support acts.

'Wingin' it' (No support acts) on their own doesnt look healthy nor intelligent at this time, and if the online reports of the setlist show the usual 'suspects' (ie - "Dreams" & "Rhiannon") then I am sure most will say "forgettaboutit" and stay home and download bootleg copies instead.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 12-04-2008 at 02:36 PM..