View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Which arguments? Like the one where you just told me that you thought the Axis Powers might have actually won WWII?! You wonder if I'm okay?? You also argued that Economics was all a matter of opinion and not a science, which would be big news to the thousands of professors that teach it and the millions of students that take the classes. I think you're just mad because you couldn't win the price elasticity of demand argument and had no interest in looking it up to debate the point.

I just thought on a post involving someone in high office with a potential serious medical problem, it is highly inappropriate to insult them and it shows a serious lack of class. Believe me, if it were Obama that collapsed, I'd be sending condolences. As much as I didn't want him in office, I at least have the decency to wish him well and not wish ill on him. Obama has a wife and two daughters, and Mukasey has family too. In fact, on a few other groups, people were hoping Obama would be assassinated, etc and I defended him and said that was disrespectful and would hurt the country. So, what's your point? There's a time to be brash and abrasive and there's a time when not to be. When a guy collpases, it's not the time to be disrespectful. Simple as that. I thought society had a little more class.
Actually, I am refering to an argument that you made seriously, the one about the democratic party burning. Besides, he he is okay, and I want him to get better, and I wasn't insulting/attacking him or defending anyone who did.