Thread: Plastic surgery
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
I was reading that interview w/Stevie...

When she got them, in 1976, to enhance her 5ft 1in figure, there was of course no hint that silicone could be toxic. She is convinced they precipitated her long bout with Epstein-Barr Syndrome (aka chronic fatigue syndrome), which set in in 1987 and culminated in major surgery two years ago to remove the implants. "The operation to take them out is horrible," Nicks says. "They were totally broken inside me. All that silicone was all through me, poisoning me. When they were put in they were clear little silicone bags. When they take them out, they're black and green and yellow. I've got them in a freezer in Phoenix to remind me."

Yikes! Seriously, I think people, even up to this day, dont realize how bad putting some chemical substance into your body can be. Have you seen that Korean woman? (alhough that's a different story, at some point she's been injecting cooking oil into her face.) Has anyone here had plastic surgery?
I cant imagine going THAT far with my body.

Then again, I am covered in tattoos. Which, some self designated pyscho (babble) analyst told me was merely an extension for the dislike I have of my own body. Uh yeah. I'm sure it is. Most of us dislike our bodies in SOME way. Thanks for telling me something I already knew, Mr. Fortune Teller.

ANYWAY...I would never go as far as plastic surgery. Although I've seen some shows on TV where people get lifts and tucks, and nips here and there...and it's perfectly understandable WHY they would do it.