View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In connecticut now we are the second state to legalize gay marriage in the nation the other state i believe is Massachuesetts. It was passed here in october sometime and then they had a question when we voted on Nov. 4th it was Question #1 it was if you voted no your for it if yes you were against it and The No won so as of today it is official to be married in Connecticut if you gay I am gay and partnered and so excited and hopefully down the road my partner and I will do the same one of these days but he doesn't want to get married or civil union right now I hope sometime in the future we will.

here is the results that of the question #1 related to gay marriage in connecticut

2008 General Election - Nov. 4, 2008#1 - Constitutional Convention
Statewide Question
Yes 546,660 41% if yes passed it would mean here that if they did pass gay marriage church's and other organizations have a right to appeal that decision and fight for it not to pass.
No 799,107 59% wins and passes as of today 11-12-08 gay marriage is officially legal here in connecticut

here is the actual quiestion # 1 below

This November, voters will be asked: "Shall there be a Constitutional Convention to amend or revise the Constitution of the state?"

Holding a convention in Hartford isn’t change, it’s politics as usual. State legislators decide who goes to the convention, not the taxpayers. It will be a convention of lobbyists, politicians and special interests.

The public has no say on what the lobbyists propose to do to the constitution. The political group pushing for the convention will use it to ban marriage for gay people, outlaw abortion and take away people’s rights. Big businesses will use it to give themselves special tax breaks, overturn environmental laws and take away workers’ rights and benefits.

So vote no on the Lobbyist Convention – and vote for leaders who will bring us real change.

Last edited by StandbackStevie; 11-12-2008 at 11:29 AM..