View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool My understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
But I was under the impression that this CD that came with the vinyl was meant to have a totally different master to the normal CD release - that was the whole point of having the "audiophile" CD with the vinyl - but it seems to be exactly the same master job as the "compressed" CD.

Did I get the whole point of this wrong and they're not actually talking about dynamic compression?
was that it was supposed to be a uncompressed version of the vinyl, using the uncompressed master transferred to compact disc. But if the files are the same size than is that truly a uncompressed source? If they are the same then in a sense isnt that (technically) considered "false advertisment"? (Assuming that the version of the compact disc that arrived in the sleeve with the vinyl LP is the same uncompressed master used for the corresponding LP - I use assume since it can make an ass out of me, LOL!!!)

I'm sure if one has a system that is STRICTLY for the audiophile they may hear the difference. I know when I played the version posted on this thread it sounded warmer to me on my system (Which is a monstrosity combination of 3 JVC systems coupled and altered with a Sony & TEAC) and to my ears.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-30-2008 at 06:40 PM..