View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
that was my point...unless its MIXED different, or you have top of the line audio equipment (and I dont mean stuff you can get at Best Buy) then you probably wont hear the difference. Then again, I could be dead wrong.
So you're saying this CD isn't less dynamically compressed? When it says "includes CD of the uncompressed vinyl master plating" what sort of compression does it mean? If it's not less dynamically compressed then what's the point in making a big deal of it? I thought it was all about things forgetting about the loudness war was why this was "audiophile" (I could have totally misinterpreted it though) Tom Petty did the same thing but the CD released with his was a more dynamic master than the comercial release was intended to be.

I guess I'm just confused about what exactly the CD's meant to be offering since it doesn't seem any different to me. I'm still reserving judgement until I can listen to it on a really good system this weekend. It's the vinyl I got it for anyway so whatever the deal with the CD it's no biggie.

Can someone who has the vinyl/CD combo answer me this: Does the vinyl version sound better than the CD that comes with it? Does vinyl "magically" make things sound better?

Last edited by Peestie; 09-30-2008 at 06:29 PM..