View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
In this case, its a term that refers to fans who feel that Lindsey & Stevie belong together, and that Lindsey longs to break free from his marriage and/or his parental responsibilities for a passionate reunion with Stevie- and writes/sings about it every chance he gets.

The shippers also tend to blindly hate Kristen (Buckingham, Lindsey's wife) and paint her as a succubus from hell. Now, while its fair to say that those who have actually met her (and have dealt with with her unpleasant/petulant behavior first hand), or have knowledge of her rather um, curious background, have found other legitimate reasons to question Lindsey's judgment, its rather ridiculous to think that Lindsey was somehow misguided.

For what its worth, Kristen is exactly who Lindsey was looking/waiting for, and I'm sure they are quite happy together. I'll say that much.
Actually, the only part of that "definition" that can be said to be true of all "shippers" is the part I bolded.

The rest of it I have to call you out on generalizing because "shippers" come in all shapes, sizes and forms and do not all agree on the relationship between SnL - past, present or future or all feel the same way about his wife(certainly not that she came from hell - how harsh)...

Really, the best definition is "one who believes that Stevie and Lindsey are or should be together."