View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
The area you highlighted in bold does not represent a change made by Democrats. It was the president and his secretary of the treasury who proposed bailing out these reckless financial institutions for $700,000,000,000 of our money. You really stuck your foot in the mud with this one, ajmmcarrell, because you are basically calling George W. Bush a fascist. This was his idea. He wanted it done immediately, but some Democrats are resisting rushing. The changes that this article mentions include revoking the huge bonuses given to irresposible executives.

I am not saying that I disagree that this is a bad thing. In the other thread on this topic, I linked to an article saying this bailout should " send people into the streets in mass outrage". It's just that your attempt to blame this on the Democrats is a big blubbery flop.
You didn't read what I said, I do have a problem with the bailout, but it was Dodd's amendment that I had called fascist. Read my post again, I highlighted it bold, italic and underlined just so this confusion wouldn't happen. Apparently, it did anyway. I don't think the bailout in and of itself is fascist, but Dodd's idea of giving power to the government to assume any loan they deem a bad loan, whether credit card, car loan, etc. Please read all of what I said before commenting, it prevents a lot of embarrassment. You apparently didn't read my post under the "more Palin lies" thread where I explained the crisis in detail and it had nothing to do with party, but was caused entirely by irresponsible people.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-22-2008 at 03:55 PM..