Thread: Bel Air Rain
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Different strokes indeed! I just never warmed up to Under The Skin, and I have certainly got even colder towards it over time. But Bel Air Rain, which would fit in perfectly on that album, has just totally blown my socks off. It's the only song on the whole album that does that for me. I like Great Day a great deal, but nothing like Bel Air Rain.

I just love the whole album though. It's like a distillation of his entire body of work from Buckingham Nicks forward. You can absolutely hear hints of Go Insane on Great Day, Right Place To Fade is very Second Hand News, and Bel Air Rain is reminiscent of Lindsey's live performances of Big Love from the past decade. That's why I like this album so much... it's approachable and familiar... yet totally fresh, still pushing envelopes creatively, etc. It's neither too pop, nor too rock, nor too experimental. It's just an amalgam of everything... and that's what I enjoy. It's like the very best of Lindsey all wrapped up in a little 40 minute package.
I partially agree with you. I like Bel Air Rain the best on the album too, along with Did You Miss Me, Wait For You, Underground and Treason. Love Runs Deeper is Ok...but the rest of it ain't workin for me. I still prefer UTS as an album. But you can't really compare them.