View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, the problem gettng a grasp on those songs is that. . . they don't seem to belong on that album. Lindsey and Christine seemed to collaborate quite a bit, at least on her songs, Mystified, and You and I Part II (did they co-write YAIP1?). Every Lindsey and Christine song seem to belong on the same album, sorta, but the Stevie songs stick out like sore thumbs. And that's part of the 80s Mac problem for me. Each individual song is full of interesting stuff but they don't seem to sing to each other or be part of the same artistic quest. That's particularly clear, for me, with the Stevie TITN tracks.

Seven Wonders is my favorite because of that guitar touch is so killer. Welcome to the Room . . . Sara is mysterious and intriguing and When I See You Again is off-putting at first but after many listens is so touching. Both of those songs, though, are distinguished primarily by the vocal presence of Lindsey. I actually like "Joan" also . . .

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.