View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah

1. Jefferson Airplane. (Includes all incarnations, incl. Signe.. and when Grace was with Great Society. So.. GS/JA1/JA2/JS/Starship)
2. ABBA.
3. No Doubt
4. Mamas and the Papas (the fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me..)
5. The Beatles (Occasional Beatles burnout. Prefer 1967 & later.)
6. Blondie
I like reading the lists posted on this thread and seeing if there's like a common theme within the lists. Sarah, most of your fave bands have men and women. I dig that too...I love when men and women harmonize, and you've gotta admit all that relaionship drama is amusing. I know there was plenty of that in ABBA, M&P, the Mac, of course and some in No Doubt. I don't know about JA or its incarnations. Blondie had no relationship drama, just a great love story (Debbie and Chris Stein formed the group, stayed together through the whole thing, and remained together for 6 years after the band's breakeup in 1983...nearly 20 years together).
Have you ever heard Shocking Blue? You might like them. I've only heard like 4 of their songs and they are kinda cool. I think they were a psychadelic 60's one-hit wonder group (they sang the original hit "Venus") from Sweden, I think. I know they were European. anyway, you should check them out if you haven't. They were a bunch of guys with a sexy brunette chick lead singer. That's about all I know about them
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-03-2003 at 02:30 AM..