View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It's the governement's duty to rebuild the infrastructure. Had the levees not been in such a state of disrepair, things might not have been this bad. NOLA survived the hurricane. The failure of the levees is what did the town in. Bush was playing guitar at a photo op and having birthday cake while all this went down. Don't you think he ought to have had his priorities straight?
The levees should have been improved, but again why blame President Bush? Weren't they under a state of disrepair under many other administrations? And what about the local government, who would know better than them?

Again I live on the coast, we never know where the hurricanes are going to hit until the last hour.

I imagine that if a very powerful earthquake were to happen in California ( I pray not) how much blame would President Bush get for that? We all are in some kind of danger zone, whether it's tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and even fires. We all make our choice where to live and I don't think our President or FEMA decides that for us.