View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We are our own worst critics. Why do we beat ourselves up, when there is a whole world out there, willing to do it for us...why punch ourselves in the face?

I have punched myself emotionally more time than I care to admit...and have the scars to show for it.

Vivfox, quit punching. You can be anybody you want to be....dye your hair, get a couple tatoos, go to the gym and change your body shape....there are endless possibilites, but don't look at yourself from someone else's eyes.

Eleanor Roosevelt was considered ugly and considered herself ugly too. Then she told herself to snap out of it....and is credited with the quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." (Go Eleanor!)

As for the grocery bagging thing...it's nice to have someone speak to you, especially if you are the buyer. ...because in the back of my mind, I am thinking...."Why the hell am I here? The biggest compliment I can give a business is to give them money. Oh, I get it. I pay them money to treat me like ****."

Most cashiers just grunt at me, and it's the bagger who is the good PR person....

But --- if I bring my own canvas bags??? That royally pisses off the cashier AND the bagger. At that point, I end up bagging myself...

Last edited by Betsy; 07-13-2008 at 12:30 AM..