View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Regarding the personal meaning of the songs, well that's true of Turn It On as well and that's the one he chose.

I have noticed that where his brother is concerned, Lindsey can't even really seem to talk about it. Even the intros he did at the end of SYW when he mentioned his brother got him choked up. It seems easier for him to talk about his dad. Maybe it's because we expect our parents to go. We may not be prepared for it, but it's not as jarring as when a sibling dies young. It kind of upsets your whole concept of life's balance. Of course, children are the ultra hardest to lose.

Michele
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. Turn It On is practically a eulogy of sorts, and it's so personal, because even his niece singled it out in her Q&A. I'm pretty convinced Lindsey is a very sensitive creature. I think I've seen that man cry quite a number of times (perhaps too many for comfort to some)- and that was, like, in a general setting (like the documentary, concert footage, interviews, etc.), so maybe some of those songs could be difficult for him. I've developed a little theory that Lindsey is probably only mentally/emotionally prepared to talk more openly about his father because he's probably come to terms with it over the years. His brother and mom are more recent in contrast, so maybe it's harder. Just my observation.

Nevertheless, I want to hear some more variety and def. more OOtC and Go Insane. OMG, Slow Dancing? I would die.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL