View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, I think that's the key. Anyone who comes in contact with the public is bound to get a bad rap at some point or another. Can't please everybody...and someone's ALWAYS going to bitch about it. (Not that the reports about Karen or Chris aren't true, mind you.)

I believe Tony was Stevie's manager in 1987 when they had the big fight at Christine's. Then later, I think Glen Parrish was her manager and I don't know the exact time frame but she must have signed with Kauffman after her second rehab stint in the mid '90's? I just read that she fired her management at Frontline (Tony Dimitriades) because they made her go to rehab...I don't know that it's factual though.
Glen Parrish, Stevie's manager? Record producer? You mean the bum who lived in her garage for twenty years?

Tony Dimitriades is a class act. If he was fired for having a role in forcing Stevie into rehab...how interesting is it...Tony's been Lindsey's manager ever since?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Well, to be fair to Sheryl, Lindsey did say it was an idea that had been discussed, it didn't come out of nowhere.
The idea didn't come out of nowhere. It was first mentioned 5 years ago during the making of Say You Will. The idea got as lousy a response then as it has now. There is no way Sheryl tossed this cookie out to the public all on her own. Somebody's wanted her to join the band for years and doesn't want to come out and admit it if it isn't going to happen. I'd bet my favorite Cuban cigar the one who wants Sheryl in the band most is not the obvious culprit.

Quote:
Remember when Stevie was on Leno and said that she hires people on her tours to manage the people for her because she doesn't like to be the bad guy and tell people off? Well, it's the same situation here. If Stevie had to deal with every crazy, every package, every fan (decent or otherwise), she'd probably retired years ago. That said, the Bob Welch situation is pretty low for sure.
Well, no surprise Stevie doesn't want to take the heat for doing any dirty work like dissing Bob and his wife. That's why she hires people like Karen to do it. As for her sleazy brother, he's been trading on her fame forever. It's no secret he uses her to get with groupies. Stevie's in no position to tell him to cool it...even when it makes her look bad. The fans who go anywhere near her brother have zero chance of ever getting near Stevie, but as far as that is concerned, dirty laundry is a two-way street. As long as Chris keeps the groupies away from her, and also keeps her personal knickers off the public clothesline...then he gets to do whatever he wants...including her star-struck fans.