View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sex and the City...the movie

So my mom brought me over to the drive in last night to see it. She's the one who suggested we go. I've been bugging her for weeks to take me to see Narnia...but NOPE....

so anyways, we went to the drive in, and we saw this then Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsy, cause I love him.

1st to start off, I was so shocked that this movie, rated R was on before the pg13 movie playing after it. it was very sexually explicit, which is why it probably should have been on the far screen, not the one right next to Indiana Jones with a bunch of little kids at it!

Overall the movie, had its funny moments, I def liked seeing the unedited stuff rather than the show on syndication [we don't get HBO at my house], and I thought overall the plotline was good.

I won't post any spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but wants to, but I can say I was dissapointed how much the movie didn't really focus as much on the other girls as much as it should have. It was too much about Carrie, I know she's the central character, but I would have liked to have seen more of Samantha in it, I think shes fcking hilarious! But of course we did get a few of those memorable scenes from the show.

However, I did feel that the movie was at times predicable. But what else could they have really done with it?

Can't wait to hear everyone elses thoughts!
-Christine