View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
He likely was told not to do it again because they wanted another 15 + million record a la Rumours. That they did not get that does not negate the fact that Tusk sold well by a rational standard and the resulting tour ( ) sold very well and played to hundreds of thousands of people.
The weird thing about that tour is that if you read reviews from some of the cities on the first leg, some empty seats & non-sellouts are mentioned. Yet the tour as a whole was Billboard's most lucrative tour of the year for arenas (around 18,000). In some of the big cities, like Los Angeles, most nights were sellouts, including just about all seven performances in L.A., whereas in other cities like Salt Lake City, the press said shows weren't always selling out.

Quote:
As to the second point, I often wonder about L&O sounding differently. He did not have much time, esp. for him, after Tusk to get it ready, which makes me think he recorded much of it during Tusk (record and tour) and likely before.
I doubt it. I think it was practically all tracked after the tour. The songs may have been toyed with on tape before that, but the actual tracking was new at the time. I don't think Le Buckingham decided to make a solo album until after the band tour was over. He spoke to Blair Jackson of BAM magazine around the holidays -- around the time of Fleetwood Mac Live -- & told her he'd consider putting out a solo album only if he had enough good material, & that he wasn't really chomping at the bit to do so.

moviekinks.blogspot.com