View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There is no definition for "rational" standard. No record that sounds good is a failure to a reasonable person. No record with artistic merit is a failure by a rational standard.
Quit changing the subject I agree Tusk was a success in an artistic regard to LB. I am not and we were not talking about that. I am talking about the exposure selling four million records world wide and a successful tour got him. If you don't think he got significant exposure from all of that which helped him release his solo record to a wider audience and success a year later - so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
. . . That didn't come into his head until after he became alienated from his bandmates following Tusk. So, it cannot be said he went into Tusk to launch a solo career that hadn't materialized yet . . . .
I kind of doubt that he was not working on solo songs or at least songs away from FM. After all, I believe he came into the Tusk sessions with competed songs and he had worked with other artists outside of FM a la Magnet and Steel So, I think that at some point either right before or early into the Tusk sessions, he began contempating a solo record. But, that is just my speculation. And, I certainly do not think he created Tusk as a means to bolster his solo record. I do not think I said that. I do think, however, that the success of the Tusk era helped propel L&O. Again, to me that is a no brainer. I think he reasserted this method on GI with less success. Then, he morphed the next solo record into TITN, which was hugely successful by any standard. After that, he never could crank out a record fast enough to capitalize on the wave of FM popularity, save for perhaps UTS, which was not really as accessible as his last five solo records.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-15-2008 at 05:49 PM..