View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I often wonder if the drama is stages and they are playing parts in the press. I mean no one has this much drama in their lives. Personally, I think it is all K's fault
Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
I completely agree. She's no more commited to the band than Lindsey. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to cite Stevie's solo triumphs when she's basically become a Vegas act, playing the old hits to a bunch of old fans. She may have another solo project in the works, but she hasn't actually released new material since 2001. She seems satisfied to keep releasing compilations instead. I mean, from 1991 to 2007, she released a best of, a box set and yet another best of with only two albums of new material (neither of which, IMO, were anywhere near as good as her previous solo work) in that same time frame. How triumphant is that?
Well, yes there are old fans at Stevie shows, but there are new fans, too. I am a new Stevie fan, I am only 20. I know there are other new Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac fans out there, too!

I don't think it's fair to say Stevie's a "Vegas Act", either... last summer she had the extensive Crystal Visions tour, and she has released dates this summer all over the country. She rocked when I saw her last summer, I can't wait to see her again this summer.

And, in my opinion, Trouble in Shangri La is as good as or better than some of Stevie's previous work.

New fans like me have never had a chance to see Fleetwood Mac live! I am just dying for them to reunite for one more tour!