View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
To be honest it does seem like people are only reading this to see a reaction from her or wait for a post that they can reply with somethingg snarky to. I don't think she's ramming anything down our throats cause we don't have to read it in the first place. There are some really long threads that I've never bothered opening so anyone could just do the same here
There are definitely people who post primarily to make fun of others. It's kind of pathetic, but I guess since Ethan isn't around much lately someone else will have to take his place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
he fact is you're posting a self-indulgent thread that no one is interested in except yourself and continue to bump it up for your own gratification. Most messageboards that would be frowned upon, but here instead people simply point out the pointlessness of your thread and you act oblivious to it.
Pointing out pointlessness? If something is pointless, why bother taking the time or energy to even mention it? If someone doesn't appreciate Vivica Fox or anyone else, why would they even go into a thread that is clearly about her, other than to incite ridicule of the original poster, which is against the rules.

Quote:
Most of us are on the Ledge for Fleetwood Mac and the friends we've made here actually. Post away if you if your ego feels it necessary but please don't play the victim when people make fun of you for posting an article that simply includes a throwaway mention of Vivica Fox and bears no interest to anyone here besides yourself.
While people do come here primarily for Fleetwood Mac, there is a chit chat forum for a reason, to discuss things other than Fleetwood Mac. There are many topics that I don't find interesting, as I'm sure is the case for most people, but if I don't like them, I don't read them. Again, what is the motivation to come to a thread where you clearly don't have any interest in the subject of that thread?

Quote:
I've actually put Vivfox on ignore so he doesn't have to worry about me anymore.
This I agree with, I just think that maybe it would be better to do it before berating someone for posting a thread you took the time to open and read just because you don't like the subject matter, or the frequency in which the OP posts about it. If you think it is an issue that impacts the board, then you should bring it to the attention of the moderators.