View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Wow. You seem to be taking this really seriously - and personally. Just an observation.
Yeah, I suppose I do take it seriously, as seriously you can take anything about a rock band. A forum that regularly dissects everything about the rockband, from its reebox to tophats, ad nauseum, is certainly the place for such "serious discourse." Relatively speaking, a new band member (and maybe tour and album) is a staggeringly more important subject than most that come down the pike as far as the band is concerned.

As far as taking it personally goes, I don't even know what "it" is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Secondly, the idea that Lindsey is being strong-armed into working with Sheryl Crow. Sure, Sheryl's involvement may be the condition which Stevie has given in order for her to work with Fleetwood Mac, but one must note that Lindsey also made certain conditions for his involvement with 'SYW.' Including threatening to take back some of his songs ("I own the masters") if the band didn't issue a double-album. Ultimately, of course, it was Lindsey's decision to issue a single album, but the threat was still made and the condition was there. Thanks to my dear friend who brought those up to me~

I made the comparison between Mick and Lindsey's Destiny Rules conversation and this Crow situation on the board last night. It wasn't really Lindsey's decision to issue a single album, because if he didn't Stevie wasn't going to do a full tour. So, I think she made the final ultimatum on that issue as well and that's why he said he couldn't afford to do the double album because he couldn't pay for the extra songs (over 12) if he wasn't going to be getting tour money to cover it.

As for Stevie's reaction to SYW, both during and after the making of the album she had great praise for Lindsey's production of her songs. She talked about how they had fought constantly, but seemed to think the finished product was worth the battle. We could see from some Destiny Rules promos that she was mad that Lindsey didn't want to use one of her songs. Then, after the production was over, when the tour first kicked off, she still seemed to be mad at him and he was complaining about the other band members going to Hawaii and Stevie not thanking him. So, they were not happy with each other, but from what came out, I got the impression that their album fights were about the which songs would be used, album length, sequencing (and single selections), all those issues that came up at the time, and not about the quality of her songs. Those complaints came out later.

Michele