View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny thread.

1. Fleetwood Mac stopped being a REAL band after “Tusk.” Since then, it’s been something they’ve penciled in to do every few years. So, adding Sheryl Crowe is really no big deal.

2. Considering her last big hit was only a few years ago, I hardly think the Dave Mason comparison is valid. And, unlike the "Time" band (which I thought was a great band), this band will have two vocalists from the "Rumours" album. If anything, it's more like "Behind The Mask."

3. This move, depending on what actually happens, may be a blessing for Lindsey. It takes pressure off of him. He will no longer be the sole person able to make something out of Stevie’s very basic songs.

4. I like the fact that somebody with a more dynamic upper vocal range is coming into the fold.

5. I love her pop sensibilities.

6. If nothing else, she'll bring something that's not Stevie or Lindsey into Fleetwood Mac, and after that last tour, I'm positive is not a bad thing. I thought it should have happened in 2003, to be honest.

7. I have to say I always thought Sheryl would do a killer version of "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love." If it only brings that song back, I'd be happy.

8. I’m all for it if it means I get to see John McVie play at least once more.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-14-2008 at 05:19 PM..