View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
-Lindsey's respect and admiration for Sheryl and their common love of quirky studio trickery.
Lindsey has spoken publicly about Sheryl? What did he say?

Quote:
-Sheryl played keyboards on the SYW, which also features a song written about Sheryl.
Yes, but everybody played keyboards on SYW, even John.

Quote:
-Sheryl fans tend to be FM fans and vice versa.
True, these days.

Quote:
-Perhaps Sheryl's multi-faceted talents as a guitarist, bassist, keyboardist and singer will help to pare down the "Fleetwood Mac Orchestra" live lineup we've been seeing since 1987. Perhaps it won't be necessary for Carlos Rios or Jana to be in this lineup (one hopes)!!
I don't think the band -- as long as Buckingham or Nicks is in it -- would ever go out without the backups. They LOVE their backups.

Quote:
-Inspiring the band to enter the studio and hopefully bringing keyboards back into the mix.
Whuh? There are lots of keyboards on SYW -- probably more than any other Mac album (where Lindsey often used guitars to mimic boards).

Quote:
-I can't wait to see the five of them together at the inevitable press conference!
That would be cool!

Quote:
-Sheryl's voice is not as warm and full as Christine's, which will totally change the sound of the harmonies.
I don't think it will "totally" change, not with SharonMindyJanaEtc. still there singing. Sheryl even sort of sounds like a backup singer -- same timbre. She also very efficiently goes into backup singer mode. Witness her appearances with Stevie on her Troubled tour.