View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Ok, I know at times my behavior here has been unusual to downright rude at times, and I recently discovered what I think may be the cause. My mood swings relating to depression have been getting worse, me flipping out of friends, (friends I've subsequently lost) and I finally decided that enough was enough. I went and got tested by mental health professionals and have discovered I have Bi-Polar disorder. I know, that probably freaks some people out, but I wanted to talk about it because when the doctors told me, I was really freaked out, like I'd found out I have cancer or something like that. I mean I know some people think that people dealing with this are completely nuts and belong in a padded room 24/7. But I wanted to get some input from people here that might know someone or have a loved one dealing with this so I can understand it better. I want to make it clear that I AM NOT ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME. I just want to get a handle on this so I can stop treating people the way I do sometimes.

Thank you for listening,
David
Hey David,

my friend Kim is bipolar. I found this out about a year after having met her. I would've never have known. Then again, I dont see her at home...just a work associate. Apparently she just takes some meds and she's ok. I hope the same can be said for you. You obviously have been able to deal with this problem. But the good thing is you went to get help. Losing friends and people in your life due to such a thing has to be rough. I pray for the best for you my friend!