View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Who is running his campaign? What do you mean, "these people?"
I posted a link earlier in the thread you started about voting - pay attention

It is post #8 in the "Lesser of Two Evils Thread" to wit:

This questions more than the obvious IMO. People will vote for Obama because he is black - South Carolina proved that. I cannot say I blame them. Ditto for Hillary and women - the primaries are proving that. On the R side, the situation is the same. People cannot vote for a pro choice and/or gay sympathetic person. They can be down the line conservative in fiscal policy, but the loathing of anti-Jesus baby muerders and faggot lovers is too much to overcome. So, I think party line voters are in a little trouble in this upcoming election - or, at least in the primaries.

Personally, I think that anyone who things Obama can or wants to make significant changes is deluding themselves. His actions to date and the people he surrounds himself with in his campaign prove my point ( http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-t..._a_lobb_1.html ). But, he is intelligent, energetic, and inspiring, not to mention electrifyingly charismatic - so, I think people are beguiled by that. I am not saying I do not think he would be a good President. I think he would. And, I will vote for him against anything the R's have now. But, call it the jaded voice of experience, Obama's seemingly earnest claim that he is the avenue for significant change is bogus. Put it this way, since I have been alive, every single President has been the candidate for BIG change and the lobbyist still run Washington and Big Oil's a$$ is wiped by the Congress.

So, I think both scenarios you posit will happen and they are equally was awful. But, it is what it is and in the end, you have to vote for the candidate you like. In this particular election, that will be divided on Christian, race, and gender lines - and IMO regardless of the actual effectiveness of any candidate.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-05-2008 at 01:21 PM..