Thread: Rib/Bone Injury
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, I was recently hospitalized for a collapsed lung. I had to have a chest tube put in, and then I started hemorrhaging so I had to have additional emergency surgery (meaning, another foray through my ribs) and eight blood transfusions. I am doing fine and slowly getting back into life, however, the pain is unrelenting. The surgeon's nurse said it was normal for bone/rib pain to be slow healing and suggested a heating pad. That does help...until I turn the heating pad off.

Has anyone had a serious rib injury and if so, any home remedies for pain relief? I have weaned myself off pain medicine because the stuff I was on is so strong and I had to get back into school and my internship. I could really use some suggestions- I think I have another couple of weeks before the pain starts to go away.
my lung collapsed when i was young. i've got a nice round scar near one of my ribs where they shoved a tube thru the rib cage! I hate to say it, but some nice bourbon clears up the pain quite well.