View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't agree. Lindsey has performed on keyboards, guitars, banjos, drums, bass guitars, & complex sampling synthesizers -- & Lord knows what else -- on his albums. I'd have to give the edge to Lindsey as the master of the most instruments. Chris is essentially a keyboardist & only dabbles with a few other instruments (& typically not in the studio). Lindsey is in the Todd Rundgren mold: plays everything on his solo albums (or used to).

By the way, his piano playing is quite good, for what it is. Check out the work on "September Song" on Law & Order. Obviously, it's meant to sound tacky & toy-pianoish, but the arpeggios are solidly played & even contain some double-time work & show-offy cadenzas. Christine could do it half-asleep, but still it's light years ahead of any piano work Stevie has ever recorded.

what's funny is that christine plays the hand percussion instruments so much better than stevie... i dont think stevie counts... just feels