View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But in all fairness, even if Christine had been with the band, SYW wouldn't have sold that many more copies. I'm not saying she's expendable. I missed and miss her balance greatly. I'm just saying that none of them are Justin Timberlake or Beyonce, which tends to help in the multi-million selling categories.

Michele
Let's be so thankful that Fleetwood Mac aren't those artists! An entirely different genere. Those "singers" are dancers/entertainers/actors/personalities.

The members of Fleetwood Mac are hardcore rock and roll musicians, plain and simple. Fleetwood Mac had its long day in the limelight, and as such, are respected among generations of rock and roll fans. Just because they aren't selling in the realm of the current popular crop of "entertainers" doesn't have any bearing of the merits of Fleetwood Mac's most recent material.

Not meaning to dish directly on Justin or Beyonce, just remember this: Just because something is popular, or sells big doesn't mean it's any good...or better than something that doesn't sell. Marketing plays a big role. That's why sh*t sells!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-28-2007 at 12:08 PM..