View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I was just using Twist of Fate as an example of him decieving his vocals on a non UTS track.

I don't think SUD sounds like its his vocals. He sounds like he is whispering and shrieking. Although on the other end of the spectrum when I saw him do it live (3 times ) I was blown away thought it sounded 10 times better.

Same for UTS.
They're his vocals if they come out of his mouth.

Listening to all the album tracks he's been involved with for the past 30+ years, I appreciate his versatility. He plays with them like they're an instrument.

At first the SUD vocals were weird to digest for me, but after listening to what he was SAYING more and more, they started to fit perfectly. It's like a mood.. a feeling of being almost too choked up to talk about it, then he musters up a little bit of strength to FORCE that high note when "as looooooooooooong as i cannnn" comes around.

People have been saying this stuff for as long as the album has been out, and it really does grate my nerves a bit. It's like some don't WANT to give the different style a chance. That's the kind of **** that probably makes him feel unappreciated.