View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yes. Certainly not in the way that Stevie works, by romanticizing the romanticism, like Lindsey once pointed out. And not even Stevie writes songs like Because You Loved Me, which is the other side of the romance coin, the fluffy side. I think Lindsey views his songs as more realistic and down to earth, whereas Stevie's songs, though taken from real life also, always have to have that extra dramatic pitch and are often layered with nice things to make them more hopeful and ~magickal~. A good example is Planets of the Universe, which she changed the words to because the original song was too harsh. That's something I think Lindsey would never do.
I don't find the overriding message hopeful in Dreams, as the heart beat has driven him mad (in classic telltale, guilt-ridden Poe style) pining for what he has lost, long before the rain washes him clean.

On the other hand, having someone offer to give you the world, if you would only take it from them, is a beautiful love song, Stevemeister. So, don't say he never wrote any for you.

Michele