View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Avant-pop does not shy away from the immediacy of the mainstream hit, and insists on hooks at their most puerile and perverse. AP does not feel the need to deform catchiness into a grimace (as an earlier twentieth-century avant-garde would have), but rather re-sequences the Legos of song structure, so that (a) none of the charm of the tune is lost, but (b) this very accessibility leads one to bump into weirder elements welded into the design. Accordingly, AP does not translate into mere complexity (though it can be complex), and its most memorable effects are often the results of blunt simplicity Also: AP need not be confined to music...
It looks like Lindsey wrote this, had to read it three times and still not sure if I get it.

The only thing that bothers me is that they only put Lindsey's songs in this category, which is bull. The whole Tusk-album fits in this tag, whatever it's worth anyway.

But I agree on the keytrack, although they could have picked IKINW too. Well that is NTF's twinsistertrack, so I guess they can be seen as one.

Thanks Livia, nice snobby article!